Costco Wholesale Corporation is an American multinational enterprise which works a chain of membership only big box retail stores. The corporation is founded in 1983, by James Sinegal, Jeffrey H. Brotman and its headquarters in Issaquah, Washington, United States. In the list of largest retailer 2020, Costco was the fifth largest retailer in the world.
Costco Wholesale Corporation created their own credit card which is issued by Citibank. There is two types of Costco Credit Card which is issued by Citibank :
- Costco Visa Personal Card
- Costco Visa Business Card
In this article you will get all the information related to the Costco Visa Personal Card.
Costco Credit Card Benefits
Here is the list benefits you will receive if you own a Costco Credit Card:
- 4% cash back on eligible gas for the first $7,000 per year and then 1% thereafter.
- 3% cash back on restaurants and eligible travel purchases.
- 2% cash back on all other purchases from Costco and Costco.com.
- 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Your card also considered as Costco membership ID.
- No annual fee is charged.
- 24/7 customer service.
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
Costco Credit Card Rates And Fees At www.costco.com
Here is the list of fees and rates of Costco Credit Card:
- APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for purchases is 15.24%.
- APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for balance transfer is 15.24% must be completed within 2 months from date of account opening.
- And 25.24% APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for cash advances.
- Pay your entire balance by the due date( 23 days after the close of each billing cycle) each month to avoid paying interest on purchases.
- Minimum Interest charge will be no less than 50 cents.
- Transaction Fee to transfer balance is either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- Transaction Fee for the cash advance is either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
- Transaction Fee for the foreign transaction is 0% of each transaction.
- Penalty Fee for the late payment is up to $40.
- Penalty Fee for the returned payment is up to $40.
How To Apply For A Costco Credit Card At www.costco.com
Follow these steps to apply for a Costco Credit Card at the official website of the Costco:
- Go to the official website of Costco Credit Card- www.costco.com from your web browser.
- Once the homepage of the website opens scroll down a little and click on the Apply Now button under the Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi.
- After that you will be redirected to the Citicards Application page, enter all the information asked on the page to complete the application.
- Enter your Membership Number, First Name, Last Name, Home Address, Social Security Number, Date Of Birth, Country Of Citizenship, Mobile Phone Number, Email Address, Security Word Hint, Security Word, Total Annual Income and Monthly Mortgage/ Rent Payment.
- Next click on the checkbox to accept the Terms & Conditions.
- After that click on the Agree & Submit button.
You can also apply for the Costco Credit Card via phone, dial 1-800-970-3019 to apply for the Costco Credit Card.
How To Activate Your Costco Credit Card Through Phone
Follow these steps to activate your Costco Credit Card through phone:
- Dial 1-855-378-6467 or the number on the which attached to the front of your credit card.
- Then give your personal information- Social Security number, Card Number and Phone Number to the customer executive agent.
- After the verification of the details provided by you, your card will be activated.
Costco Credit Card Customer Service
If you have any queries related to your Costco Credit Card then dial 1-855-378-6467 and their customer support team will help you with your queries.
Myrtle Knox is an award-winning reporter, editor, and writer. Her stories about banking, credit cards, insurance, economics, small business, and other subjects have been featured by the Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, Bankrate, Credit Karma, Bookmarks Magazine, FOX Business, CNBC, Yahoo! Finance, and dozens of major U.S. newspapers.
Her articles have been cited in seven nonfiction books and two U.S. Congressional hearings. She edits nonfiction, memoir, and fiction, and contributes to Kirkus Reviews. Marcie holds a bachelor’s degree in English from UCLA and MBA from Pepperdine University.